Help for: RIMS Access
Summary: Using the RIMS Access feature, you can give others the ability to access your RIMS account.
Currently, the levels of access are:
- Primary: Primary users have full access to your account, including, but not limited to:
- adding and deleting users
- adding and deleting locations
- chemical inventory management
- starting, saving, and submitting protocols/permits/applications
- adding and removing users from the RIMS Access list
- Secondary: Secondary users can do all that primary users can do EXCEPT:
- submit protocols. Secondary users are NOT allowed to submit protocols/permits/applications
- adjust the RIMS Access list. Secondary users cannot even see the RIMS Access list
To add a user to the RIMS Access list:
- After logging in to RIMS, a Primary User will see the RIMS Access list on the RIMS homepage.
- To add a user, click on the link with the correct user type (primary or secondary)
- A new window will popup, and ask for the username to give access to
- Enter only the first part of the user's BU email address, the part before the @bu.edu
- Example: If the BU email address you want to add is "firstname.lastname@example.org", enter only "test" (without the quotes)
- Select "Apply Changes"
- Close the popup window and refresh your homepage to see the changes
|Back to top||Questions or Comments?|