A Guide to the RIMS Training Profile|
Last Updated: 04-February-2011
New to RIMS? You've come to the right place! Here you'll find:
- What is the RIMS Training Profile?
- How do I register for a training profile?
- How do I access my training profile?
- What courses are currently offered?
- How do I sign up for a course?
- Tell me more! (Future plans)
- See also: RIMS Training Registration
What is the RIMS Training Profile?
Your RIMS Training Profile:
- Lists all your training records for training courses currently in RIMS (see this list of courses)
- Allows you to register for upcoming in-person training sessions
- Allows you to take online training courses directly in RIMS
- Allows you to print your certificate of completion for training courses
How do I register for a training profile?
You only need to register for a Training Account once. So if you have never registered for a Training Profile before, and:
I am a PI:
- If you can log into RIMS
, you already have a Training Profile
- If not, use this link to register for one
I am NOT a PI:
- If you have never registered, follow these instructions
How do I access my training profile?
I am a PI:
- After logging into RIMS, click "My Training Profile"
- To view the training of your lab staff listed in your "Identify your Personnel section" click the "Personnel Training Report (PDF)"
I am NOT a PI:
- If you have an option of usernames when you log in, select your own. You will then be brought automatically to your personal training profile
What courses are currently offered?
- For an up-to-date list of currently offered courses, please see this link.
How do I sign up for a course?
RIMS offers both the ability to register to attend in-person training courses and the ability to complete an online training course. After logging in:
I would like to take an online course:
- Under the "Online Training" table, find the course you want to take.
- To view the course materials, click the "Take the course" link. This will open a new window in your browser displaying the relevant training slides.
- When you have completed your review of the course materials, click "Test" to pop-up a window consisting of test questions related to the training course.
You must pass the quiz to receive credit for the course.
- When you have passed the course, your Last Completed date will be updated, and a training certificate will be generated. Clicking on the link will allow you to print your training certificate.
The "Due Date" column will show you the date by which you need to next retake this course.
I would like to register for an in-person training course:
- Under the "In Person Training" table, find the course you want to take.
- Use the drop-down menu to choose an available session
- The homepage will refresh and you will see how many spaces are left in the class, as well as basic class information
- Click the "Register" link to register for the class. We recommend that you enter your BU username and click "Validate" to fill in the rest of the information, including BUID.
- If you only have a BMC id, please enter "BMC" followed by your BMC id number.
- You may also use this form to register others for a class. Do so wisely!
- After you successfully complete the course, the "Due Date" column will show you the date by which you need to next retake this course.
- Your RIMS training profile will be tied to your permits and authorizations. Our goal is to have a simple and automated method of updating your training
on research related permits.
- You will receive email notification when your training is about to expire and has expired.